J.D., Cumberland School of Law of Samford University, 1978
B.S., Spring Hill College, magna cum laude, 1975
- Business Formation
- Corporate and Limited Liability Company Law
- Financial and Business Services
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Real Estate
- Wills, Estates, and Probate
- Jay has practiced law in Mobile since 1978. Martindale Hubbell Rating: AV
- From 1984 until 1995, Jay served as Vice President and General Counsel of a publicly-traded, billion-dollar, regional retailer.
- Jay is a Certified Mediator.
- He is privileged to represent business men and women, physicians, property managers, developers, accountants, engineers, and other lawyers in the areas of real estate, estate planning, employment, and general business matters.
- He has performed hundreds of hours of pro bono legal work and continues as an active member of the South Alabama Volunteer Lawyer program.
- Jay is a graduate of Leadership Mobile.
- He is a former president of Volunteer Mobile, Inc. (now known as Hands On South Alabama) and has served on a number of other boards of directors of non-profit organizations.
- Alabama State Bar
- Mobile Bar Association
- Leadership Mobile Alumni Association